“A place where hospitality and education combines at one of the top hotelmanagement schools''
Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM) supports and educates students to become qualified and passionate hospitality professionals, who are able to contribute to the development and innovation of the (inter)national hospitality industry.
An integral part of their curriculum is the Teaching Hotel Chateau Bethlehem (THCB) where students are obliged to gain practical experience in their first year. The Teaching Hotel was created in 2010 in cooperation with twelve Dutch designers and the industry. It is both an innovative learning environment and a public hotel. The facilities include 26 bedrooms, 6 banquet rooms, a restaurant and a bar.
As the Hotel Manager you will contribute to the management team as a passionate, inspiring and innovative manager. Moreover, you will be able to support, motivate and act as a driving force for a team of students who, guided by instructors, are responsible for the processes and exploitation of the Teaching Hotel.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Contribute to the success of the HMSM community by being actively involved in the strategy, the educational programme and the operations
- Represents THCB to various other stakeholders
- Focused on managing operations and financial performance of the hotel within the framework of HMSM and Zuyd
- Responsible for- and cooperates closely with the operational manager, approximately ten instructors and a rotating group of fifty-five first year students (every 10 days)
- Will proactively foster a close cooperation between THCB and HMSM/educational programme
- Taking on tasks from the educational programme
Wie ben jij?
You are a manager with a vision who can combine the strategic demands of the hotel, HMSM and Zuyd. You are capable of managing the dynamics and challenges of a learning environment in a (semi-) commercial setting. A people manager who wants to focus on developing students and has an eye for recognizing and stimulating individual talents.
- Master degree or equivalent experience, preferably in international hotel management
- A solid experience in the industry and close affinity with education
- An attitude that fits the culture and business demands of the organization
- Excellent coaching and communication skills
- Reflective skills that help to keep a good overview
- Preferably an international background or, if not, demonstrable competence in English in order to communicate at the level of a (near) native speaker (level C1) and the willing to learn Dutch.
- Skills concerning HR and Finance and the ability to set up a budget, forecasting and management report; also skills in relevant computer applications e.g. Property Management System, Point of Sales systems
- Resilient, flexible and remain calm and collected in a dynamic environment
- Pro active and hands on
- People oriented
- Team player and manager with charisma, ‘guts’ and humor
- Connector and networker
The Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM), part of the Faculty of Hotel and Facility Management of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, is internationally viewed as one of the leading institutes in its field. HMSM offers a Bachelor of Arts and two Master programmes. The bachelor programme is taught in English and in Dutch and they invest intensively in the further development of their international community.
The focus of Hotel Management School Maastricht is the next step in hospitality. They strongly believe that individual responsibility and personal attention are essential to success, both in their programme and the hospitality industry. They are a value driven organisation where passion, professionalism, initiative, openness and inspiration are their day to day guidelines. They offer a small scale and intensive educational programme and therefore invest strongly in building and maintaining their academic and professional community of students, lecturers, support staff and alumni.
The HMSM offers you a warm welcome to their institute which offers a challenging and innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. The position can vary between 0.8 FTE – 1,0 FTE depending on availability, initially for a period of one year at Zuyd University or via payrolling (Randstad Employability). Should the candidate prove suitable and perform favourably, then the contract may be extended in which the provided operating circumstances remain unchanged. The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and is set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector but maximum level 12 CAO HBO, € 5.433,82 gross per month when appointed full-time.
Informatie en sollicitatie
For more information about the position please contact Nienke Vriesema or Elise Vermeulen at Hospitality Group (033 – 462 55 56). You can fill in the form below and attach your application and motivation in English. All responses are treated confidentially. The procedure consists of several interviews and an assessment.